Please consider in this moment:


shop at our stores and help support this blog

07 July, 2005

Voice of America airs hour long special in Tibet

In celebration of the Dalai Lama's 70th birthday, Voice of America (VOA) has broadcast an uncensored television special on the life of His Holiness.

"I am now seventy years old," said the Dalai Lama. "During this lifetime, since I was fifteen or sixteen years old, I have taken on the responsibility of Tibet's temporal and spiritual affairs. It was a responsibility that was too difficult to shoulder, but because of my karmic relations with Tibet, I took the responsibility and have served the country to the best of my ability."

He told VOA that he has lived as a refugee most of his life and as the Dalai Lama, he has heard "endless stories about the sufferings of our [the] Tibetan people inside Tibet." However, he offered two reasons for hope. "First, the people of Tibet have an unwavering faith and trust in me. Secondly, the teachings of the Lord Buddha help me to maintain my mental balance."
Read the entire article on the VOA web site.

No comments: