Please consider in this moment:


shop at our stores and help support this blog

31 May, 2005

Veteran actor Anupam Kher to receive award

Phayul.com reported this morning that veteran actor Anupam Kher would receive an award from the Dalai Lama for his contributions to society. The award will be presented in a ceremony on June 2, and involves both a certificate and a trophy. In an interview post at expressindia.com, Anupam Kher said that "I’m not sure why I’m being given this, though I think it’s for my contribution to society as a person. My humble contribution for special children could’ve inspired them. I feel that even expressing noble thoughts or just the way you lead your life could be worthy of an award."

Read the short article at Phayul.com
Read the short interview at Expressindia.com
A copy of the news release also appears on the India Monitor web site.
Photo available from Phayul.com web site.

No comments: